Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nicaragua Take 2

WE ARE GOING BACK TO NICARAGUA!!! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to go back! I can't wait for what God is going to do this time around! We have a bigger team this time...I think right now we have about 27 people signed up to go! (compared to our 12 last time!) Praise God! So we are preparing more this time. We have done a few fundraisers already and collecting a few items.

For VBS this past summer, the kids colored these drawstring backpacks:

We didn't raise enough money during VBS to send them where they needed to go so our children's pastor kept them. I talked with him one day and He said we could take them down to nicaragua! So we have 116 of these bags that have either been colored or tye dyed. So we are collecting a few school supplies to fill them!
I recently found these on sale! I was so excited about it! Its easy to just find pens around the house. The pink pens were from a doctor's office that my grandma had and were brand new. She was going to get rid of them so she asked if I wanted them!

Also, we are collecting SHOES!
If you don't have closed toed shoes in nicaragua you can't attend school. So some of the kids we are visiting aren't in school because they don't have closed toed shoes. Most of the kids do have flipflops that they were around to play in. So shoes are very important. Chosen Children Ministries has a program where they collect shoes and when they get enough they hold an event where they get the nicaraguans to sit down and they wash their feet, give them a new pair of socks, and a new pair of shoes...like Jesus washed the diciples feet. I think that is so awesome! So that is why we are collecting shoes.

So I'm super excited about our trip! We will leave June 2nd through the 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment