Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New House!



Many of you many know we have recently moved. The middle of September we moved into our house that we built. It was supposed to be ready in may, then july, then august and we finally moved in the weekend of september 15th. Its been crazy being in school and moving and still having to keep track of where your books and homework are. That was a new experience. So after spending 1 year and 9 months with four of us crammed in a 2 bedroom apartment I made a list of things that I had missed, but am now enjoying again! :)

*Eating together as a family (all 4 of us at one table)
*having my own room
*Having more than one bathroom
*keeping my tolietries in the bathroom so I don't forget anything
*I can now study in my room and not hear what everyone else is doing
*Eating at the kitchen bar eating cereal out of my normal bowl (which had been packed up) and my favorite spoon (again packed up)
*Having my own closet
*We can now fit more than 2 people in the kitchen without bumping into eachother
*having a garage door opener (it just feels offical haha)
*no neighbors talking outside my bedrooom window or flashing their lights into our window at 3 am
*having our own backyard with no one else in it
*my dresser

I'm sure there are more things but we all missed different things....
*Mom missed her big kitchen and double over
*Dad misses his garage and tools (still working on getting his shop built)
*Darby probably just missed her room and her stuff

It's funny how we thought we were just moving into an apartment for 2 or 3 months and ended up staying a year and nine months. I know at first we complained alot but we got pretty used to it. That little apartment became our home. We really didn't know what to do when we got moved into our house. I couldn't walk out of my room just to see what everyone was doing. I didn't have to worry about everyone's schedule in using the bathroom. We have lots of memories there and I believe it brought us closer as a family. But we are enjoying our house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment