Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Places I've Been

I'm from traveling 8-15 hours to visit grandparents
I am from sittin' on Pawpaw's lap eating cashews
I'm from going to the zoo and shopping with Meme
I am from hunting and fishing with Dad and Pop
I'm from Aunt Peg's annual Christmas party
I am from playing with 16 cousins
From spending my birthday in 5 states
I'm from spending two weeks with Meme and Pop at the Lake House

I am from Springfield, Illinois
I'm from being born in St. John's hospital by Dr. John Saint
I'm from going to church every Sunday
I'm from climbing the stairs to my brother's room
I am from getting my first dog, Gizzy,
I'm from getting my first swing set
From stayin' up all night with Ms. Ruthie playing Farkle

I am from Fowler, Indiana
I am from eating fruity pebbles outside until Mr. Richard walked by
I'm from playing on the swing set with the babysitting kids
From walking to the library with my mom and brother in the summer
I am from waiting at the bus stop for my brother to get home from school
I'm from watching summer baseball games
I'm from becoming a big sister
from packin up boxes and moving when my dad said he was changing jobs

I am from Ankeny, Iowa
I'm from counting Pepsi trucks on the way to school
I am from my crazy brother's driving, blaring the music with the windows down
From talking "girl talk" while pulling all nighters with friends
I am from friday night football games
From going to Indiana every other Thanksgiving to visit the Tragessers
I'm from going to youth group on Sundays and Wednesdays
I am from waking up early on Tuesdays to go to Tuesday Morning Prayer
I'm from taking family vacations every summer
I am from building snow tunnels when it snowed alot
I'm from going sledding on the golf course
From babysitting the Oiens and the Byrds

I am from Aurora, Nebraska
I'm from turning sixteen and cruisin' the town
From havin' girls night out with Tabbie and Sam
I am from driving 25 minutes just to get to Walmart
I'm from taking weekend trips to visit friends in Iowa
I am from working as a teller at Heritage Bank
I'm from being a trainer for the football and basketball team
From being a Cubbies leader at church

I am from Seward, Nebraska
I'm from attending Concordia University
from sharing a bathroom with 28 girls
I am from chilling in Janzow with Rachel and Whitney
I am from staying all night in the art building
I'm from eating animal crackers with peanut butter
I am from pranking our brother floor
from weekend trips to lincoln with Mikaela

I am from Siloam Springs, Arkansas
I'm from John Brown University
From learning the "superman" swing with Holly
I am from girls night in with Holly and Jessi
I'm from coffee dates with Jessi
From having dinner with the Dees

I am from Troy, Tennessee
I'm from working at Walmart
from a place where everyone wears camo
I am from becoming a youth group leader at church
I'm from traveling less than 3 hours to see family
I am from Garth Brooks being my first country concert
I'm from blowing bubbles in the Walmart parking lot with Mallori
From attending the University of Tennessee at Martin

All these places and things have made me who I am today.

3 comments: